Omar M. Saad completed his B.S. and M.S. degrees in Electrical Engineering at the Arab Academy for Science, Technology & Maritime Transport (AASTMT) in Alexandria, Egypt, in 2012 and 2015, respectively. He earned his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the Egypt Japan University of Science and Technology (EJUST), Egypt, in 2018. Previously, Omar was a researcher at the National Research Institute of Astronomy and Geophysics (NRIAG) in Egypt, and he also served as a Postdoctoral researcher at the School of Earth Sciences at Zhejiang University, China. Recently, Omar has taken on the role of a research scientist at KAUST. His primary focus centers on machine learning applications in seismology, encompassing earthquake forecasting, earthquake early warning systems, denoising, interpolation, estimation of earthquake magnitude and location, full wave inversion (FWI), compression, microseismicity, and distributed acoustic sensing (DAS).
* Saad, Omar M., Yunfeng Chen, Alexandros Savvaidis, Sergey Fomel, Xiuxuan Jiang, Dino Huang, Yapo Abolé Serge Innocent Oboué et al. "Earthquake Forecasting Using Big Data and Artificial Intelligence: A 30-Week Real-Time Case Study in China." Bull. Seismol. Soc. Am 20: 1-18.
* Saad, Omar M., Sergey Fomel, Raymond Abma, and Yangkang Chen. "Unsupervised deep learning for 3D interpolation of highly incomplete data." Geophysics 88, no. 1 (2023): WA189-WA200.
* Saad, Omar M., Wei Chen, Fangxue Zhang, Liuqing Yang, Xu Zhou, and Yangkang Chen. "Self-Attention Fully Convolutional DenseNets for Automatic Salt Segmentation." IEEE Transactions on Neural Networks and Learning Systems (2022).
* Saad, Omar M., Yunfeng Chen, Alexandros Savvaidis, Sergey Fomel, and Yangkang Chen. "Real‐time earthquake detection and magnitude estimation using vision transformer." Journal of Geophysical Research: Solid Earth 127, no. 5 (2022): e2021JB023657.
* Saad, Omar M., Yunfeng Chen, Alexandros Savvaidis, Wei Chen, Fangxue Zhang, and Yangkang Chen. "Unsupervised deep learning for single-channel earthquake data denoising and its applications in event detection and fully automatic location." IEEE Transactions on Geoscience and Remote Sensing 60 (2022): 1-10.
* Saad, Omar M., Yunfeng Chen, Daniel Trugman, M. Sami Soliman, Lotfy Samy, Alexandros Savvaidis, Mohamed A. Khamis, Ali G. Hafez, Sergey Fomel, and Yangkang Chen. "Machine learning for fast and reliable source-location estimation in earthquake early warning." IEEE Geoscience and Remote Sensing Letters 19 (2022): 1-5.
* Saad, Omar M., Min Bai, and Yangkang Chen. "Uncovering the microseismic signals from noisy data for high-fidelity 3D source-location imaging using deep learning." Geophysics 86, no. 6 (2021): KS161-KS173.
* Saad, Omar M., and Yangkang Chen. "Deep denoising autoencoder for seismic random noise attenuation." Geophysics 85, no. 4 (2020): V367-V376.
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Egypt-Japan University of Science and Technology